Astra Security is a privately held U.S. based web application security & solutions company. We offer holistic website security solutions via real-time malware monitoring, threat protection, malware removal & website protection services. Our flagship product, ASTRA, brings together an extensive feature set of manual/automated penetration testing tools, while performing a comprehensive vulnerability assessment and proactively responds to threats. Astra stops 1 million+ threats on it's customer's web applications every day. The VA/PT product has uncovered 100,000+ vulnerabilities in client applications. We are on a mission to secure the web!
We are looking for self-motivated Symfony/PHP Developers to join our team and help deliver high-quality and impactful features to secure web applications. Your work will directly be stopping millions of cyber attacks on thousands of our customers.
You will be working on our security suite, Astra, to build and maintain security software which runs on 1000's of client websites. The job profile involves building scalable applications in Symfony and fine tuning our CMS (WordPress/Magento etc.) plugins. You’ll be working closely with our CTO.
- Work in an agile environment of engineers to architect, design, develop and build our server-side infrastructure for our web security product, Astra
- You will research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own
- Writing secure, high quality, modular, testable & well-documented code for features outlined in every sprint
- Design and implement APIs in support of front-end services with a highly scalable, flexible, and secure backend using the LAMP stack.
- Hands-on experience and ready to work on Post-production, bug fixes, support. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Driving strict code review standards among the team
- Ensuring timely delivery of the features/products
- Working with product managers to ensure product delivery status is transparent & the end product always looks like how it was imagined
- Work closely with Security & Malware teams in writing APIs, modules.
- Responsible for technical hiring, training, reviewing
- A strong analytical and aspiring mind
- 2-6 year PHP and MySQL/Postgresql development experience
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Symfony 4 (API Platform)
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Experience in web application development in MVC architecture
- Test Driven Development
- REST APIs
- Software Architecture and Patterns
Skills we are looking for:
- Should have at least 2-3 years experience in building backend/web applications (any scripting language/framework)
- Experience of using any PHP framework like Symfony, CodeIgniter, Slim etc.
- Experience in working with remote teams
Nice to have (optional):
- Experience with ReactJS, Next.JS is a huge plus
- Understanding of Web Security Concepts
- Built plugins for WordPress/OpenCart/Magento
No bar of education, we are looking for the right mindset to align with our company's philosophy of 'Growth for all'. The number of years of experience would not matter if you show promising skills.
- Holistic understanding of SaaS and enterprise cloud business
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to engage and collaborate with developers globally
- Amazing colleagues from top companies like Amazon, PwC, Bigbasket, Mobikwik etc.
- Weekly table tennis tournaments, we have some amazing TT players in-house
A Fully serviced business locality with metro connectivity. Located in South West Delhi - Dwarka Sector 7.